Last day of the term today, so for two weeks this will be my last daily update. You can still send things to me, but I might not be able to acknowledge them until after the holidays. There will be some ideas of activities on the website over the holidays in case you want something to do.
Again, it looks like a lovely day, although I ended up being wrong yesterday as it went very grey in Market Drayton!
Your English today comprises of a few tasks:
- Spelling test! The spellings to learn for your test after Easter are now on the website too.
- The next Storylands lesson you have got on Reading Eggs
- The second task after the two that you set yesterday
- TTR – Year Two, I am so impressed that you are currently beating the Year Fives! See if you can increase your lead to make it a definite victory. Lara, you are doing incredibly! Year One boys, the girls have taken a big lead against you. Serena, well done for scoring the most points in Year One (so far) for the second week in a row. Dom, Patrick and Sam, you are putting up an especially determined fight for the boys, but can everyone else help you close the gap?
- The last two days you have been learning about time. Today I’ve found a jigsaw for you to have a go at here https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t-n-5408-oclock-and-half-past-times-jigsaw-puzzle-activity If you can’t print it off, have a god at finding matching times and draw them in your book, or ask your grown up to draw you some clock faces so you can work out the time. If you wanted you could even create your own time matching jigsaw for someone else to complete. Year Two, this would allow you to practise time to the five minutes as well.
I keep saying it is important for you to spend some time outside, so at some point soon I would like you to go out into your garden and draw/paint/colour something that you see outside. It could be a flower, a plant or your dog lying in the sunshine! My boys have done some leaf rubbings with wax crayons. Whatever you choose to do, remember to look carefully at what you are drawing and include as much detail as you can.
I hope you all have a cracking Easter, and I will be back in two weeks!