The link above shows what we will be covering in Grinshill this year.
Good Morning Everyone!
It is so lovely to welcome you all back to school.
The staff and I are very excited to be welcoming you back to school.
Key Information for Grinshill Class:
- Start 9.00am Key stage 2 playground – Handover and temperature check- Prompt drop-off as other classes will be waiting to welcome their children.
- Finish 3.10pm Key stage 2 playground (Collection prompt please)
- PE days – children come to school in PE kit – Monday and Friday commencing 7th September 2020
- NO BAGS (If possible) IN SCHOOL
- Water bottle/snack (Healthy), packed lunch (If not having school dinner) and coat only in cloakroom.
- Any money for lunches in an envelope and put in post box outside office – please DO NOT give money to children.
Our topic this term is coasts, hills and mountains. I am hoping to take the children on a trip after half term to a coastal resort possibly Barmouth or Fairbourne. This will be dependant on COVID 19/ DFE regulations. Maths and English will be taught in a mastery style to ensure a deeper understanding and fluency for the children.
We will be limiting the amount of books leaving school so homework may be online. If your child has issues getting online I need to know as soon as possible. Homework will be listed on the homework page on this website – Normally this goes out on a Wednesday due in on Friday.
These will be printed each week on the website spelling page, please use this to practise with your child for at least 5 minutes per day to become fluent. Spelling books will not be going home. Spellings will be issued to children on a Monday morning and will be tested the following Monday.
I expect children to be reading for a minimum of 15 minutes 5 days per week. This will ensure progression.
Thank you for supporting your child this year in Grinshill
Class Teacher/ Deputy Headteacher