Autumn 2020 hills mountains and coasts
The link above shows what we will be covering in Grinshill this year.
Good Morning Everyone!
It is so lovely to welcome you all back to school.
The staff and I are very excited to be welcoming you back to school.
Key Information for Grinshill Class:
- Start 9.00am Key stage 2 playground – Handover and temperature check- Prompt drop-off as other classes will be waiting to welcome their children.
- Finish 3.10pm Key stage 2 playground (Collection prompt please)
- PE days – children come to school in PE kit – Monday and Friday commencing 7th September 2020
- NO BAGS (If possible) IN SCHOOL
- Water bottle/snack (Healthy), packed lunch (If not having school dinner) and coat only in cloakroom.
- Any money for lunches in an envelope and put in post box outside office – please DO NOT give money to children.
Our topic this term is coasts, hills and mountains. I am hoping to take the children on a trip after half term to a coastal resort possibly Barmouth or Fairbourne. This will be dependant on COVID 19/ DFE regulations. Maths and English will be taught in a mastery style to ensure a deeper understanding and fluency for the children.
We will be limiting the amount of books leaving school so homework may be online. If your child has issues getting online I need to know as soon as possible. Homework will be listed on the homework page on this website – Normally this goes out on a Wednesday due in on Friday.
These will be printed each week on the website spelling page, please use this to practise with your child for at least 5 minutes per day to become fluent. Spelling books will not be going home. Spellings will be issued to children on a Monday morning and will be tested the following Monday.
I expect children to be reading for a minimum of 15 minutes 5 days per week. This will ensure progression.
Thank you for supporting your child this year in Grinshill
Class Teacher/ Deputy Headteacher