Everyday you should be doing the following before any extra classwork, (you don’t have to do it in this order).
- 10 words from the year 1,2,3 or 4 list. (I will include the list for children to see)
- Look, cover, say, write, check – x 5 for each word
- Then put each word into a sentence
- 20 minutes (at least) every day
- Also Reading Eggs activities
- Write three lines of each word from your daily spellings everyday in joined writing and the sentences you made. (In your exercise books)
- Write out/ copy in joined handwriting, one paragraph from your reading book each day.
Times Tables –
- Use ‘Times Tables Rockstars’ to help you speed up!
- Write out and learn times tables for x2, x3, x4, x5, x6, x8, x10 and the equivalent division facts. If you know these really well and can aswer any fact within 3 seconds go on to learn the rest x7, x9, x11, x12
Optional – Diary Writing –
- Keep a diary of what you do each day, how you feel and anything interesting that happens.
Optional – Letter writing
- Lots of elderly people cannot have guests at the moment, so we thought it would be a nice idea if you could write a letter. Tell them what you are doing, maybe include a nice drawing. I know they would really appreciate this especially in the care homes.You can email to school: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or drop into the school office reception in an envelope.