Bomere Heath is a Church of England (voluntary controlled) School, and places high emphasis on shared values within a Christian context, both by example and by teaching. All children are welcome, whatever their beliefs. The original school, known as Preston Gubbals Church of England School, was opened in 1859 and was situated on a site at the junction of Preston Gubbals Road and Shrewsbury Road. The school was financed by Robert Slaney MP and his daughter Elizabeth Eyton. This building was replaced in 1956 by the present school.